Hi! Thanks for checking out The I Am Project.
We are a community and a ministry, that began in Cambridge, UK; and we’re taking part in a conversation around identity, believing that our identity is found in Christ. Romans 8 says that we do not have a spirit of fear, but a spirit of sonship; we are children of God:
“For those who are led by the Spirit are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption into sonship. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children then we are heirs – heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ” – Romans 8:14-17
This is at the centre of all that we believe; and from this hope that we have in Jesus, came the I Am Project. We’re all about living outrageously and loving outrageously, not for our own glory but for the glory of God; we know that life with God is an adventure, and that life to the full begins when we know who He is.
The I Am Project began as a ten-session course, with each session centred around a truth of who we are in Christ:
- I Am Not: What words and stereotypes have been spoken over me? What boxes have I been put in? I’m going to choose to believe not the lies that the world tells me about myself and my worth, but the truth of who God has designed me to be.
- I Am Good: Because of Christ, I am righteous and I can live as a child of God. How does this affect the decisions that I make, the things that I believe about myself, and the way that I treat others?
- I Am Loved: Do I live my life looking for love from other people, and from the world, or I do I believe the truth that I am known and loved by God, and live from this place?
- I Am Attractive: Where do I get my worth from? What does the media say, and how does this measure up to what God says? Do I compare myself to others, or do I know that I am beautiful and valuable… just the way that I am?
- I Am Strong: I can choose how I am going to respond to the situations that I am put in, and my choices have consequences. What impact does my faith have on the way that I respond to these situations?
- I Am Capable: I have skills, gifts and talents, given to me by God, and these will benefit others. I am capable of amazing things!
- I Am Needed: I have a purpose and a reason for being here, and I would be missed if I wasn’t here. How can I find my purpose? What is God’s purpose for my life?
- I Am Kind: I have the power to make others feel good, or feel bad by the way that I speak to them. How am I going to use my words? What about social media?
- I Am Enough: What have I learnt about myself? I am unique, and I am enough!
- I Am, Because He Is: The Person that God is changes everything; life to the full is about running towards Him with all that we’ve got.
We are blessed to have the opportunity to talk to young people about who God is, and who they are in Him; that’s a big part of what we do. If you’re interested in partnering with the I Am Project, or would like to know more about how we can work with your group, visit our Get Involved page, or Contact Us for more information. The project began as ten sessions, but has since been moulded into days, weekends, one-off sessions or parts of the course; or individual messages around identity and faith. We’d love to chat to you!